Go Bush Noongar style with Bel- Djirrily Dreaming
Go Bush with Bel and Djirrily Dreaming
Learning activities are all about giving participants a fun, interactive, Noongar cultural experience, linked to the school curriculum and learning outcomes.
School incursions and activities suited for Foundation – Secondary.
- Boodja Bush and Noongars – Learn about Country and the ways of the Noongar people, 6 Seasons, Lore and the Dreaming.
- Noongarts and Crafts- Art sessions based on the Dreaming, create a piece of art from raw materials, Noongar style and rock art.
- Noongar Bingo – Play bingo learn language using Noongar symbols, plants, animals and win prizes.
- Noongar Olympics – Fun Sports and problem solving in teams, Spear Throwing, Kangaroo Squash and Honkynut Hoops.
- Koolungar Katijin Biddis (Children’s Knowledge Paths).
- The Bush Pharmacy – Use your back yard bush for health and well-being.
Foundation – Lower Primary
- Sing - Along - Belong - Get moving with song and dances about the animals and the bush.
Upper Primary - Secondary
- Yorga’s (Girls) Gather and Pamper Session – make a natural bush perfume or lip gloss. Gather your ingredients from the bush, discuss the seasons and a girl’s role in the life of Noongars.
- Norps (Boys) Sport and Spear – make a natural deodorant then play a series of fun Noongar inspired games. Like Spear Throwing, Kangaroo Squash.